Saturday, 11 October 2008

Day 37

The last few days have been extremely messy what with the whole drink. I was still drunk from previous night, yesterday afternoon. An amazing little pub has opened directly next to halls. It's so nice inside. However, they don't seem to realise that by charging £3.70 a pint, they won't be able to entice the 3000 students (rough estimation) living next door to it. By charging £2 a point, they could easily make £6000 if everybody just has one drink - crazy fools!

I'm off to the music shop Howarth in Cental London in a minute to go clarinet shopping! It's going to be an expensive purchase of around £6000 for the two instruments...ouchie :(.

I thought you might like to see what I'm currently working on, on the piano at the minute. It's Rachmaninoff's infamous prelude in C# Minor. It's still not finished and I kind of repeat the second half of it at the end as it goes really badly the first time through, but feel free to have a listen and I'll upload the final version when its finished. I figured that it might be a good idea to record everything I learn this year so that I have a record of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKy9cDxMtw

Anyways, enjoy your weekend! x

1 comment:

Wes said...

£6000 for two new instruments ?! Damn! They better last you a life time! And I thought I had it bad at having to pay about £40 - £50 for text books :| Happy budgeting.

From Wesley "The only black guy at the party" Dixon x